To be considered for this role, submit a formal application on our career site:
St. George’s University (SGU) has the world’s largest English language Doctor of Medicine degree program and is the number one provider of doctors into the US healthcare system. The University has four Schools – Medicine, Veterinary Medicine, Arts and Sciences and Graduate Studies – and 52 academic programs filled with students from over 100 countries.
Reporting to the Senior Regional Manager (SRM), MENA, the Regional Manager (RM), MENA is primarily responsible for implementing the tactical and strategic international recruitment efforts in designated territory and channels within MENA for students entering the SGU Doctor of Medicine degree program on our campuses in Grenada, UK and India This position is responsible for achieving, within agreed budgets, all recruitment targets from the designated territory and channel and supplying critical market feedback for the further development of SGU initiatives and recruitment.
- To champion and lead recruitment efforts in designated territory for SGU (Grenada, Northumbria and Ramaiah) SOM programs from the Agent and Direct channels
- Achieve agreed recruitment targets ensuring lowest possible cost of acquisition and within ROI measures.
- Develop and grow SGU’s active agent network in designated territory
- Work closely with SGU’s agents, making frequent visits to maintain relationships & establish new partner contacts at key levels.
- Deliver regular and pertinent counsellor training to ensure agents and their staff are well-equipped to provide accurate advice to prospective students.
- Attend exhibitions and recruitment events, providing professional educational advice and counselling services to schools, agents, parents, students.
- Counsel and meet parents/students and offer guidance to prospective SGU students.
- Conduct call-back calls to existing leads, cold calling of new leads and accurate reporting on CRM.
- Co-ordinate ensuing marketing and sales campaigns/activity (together with SGU International Marketing Team) attending exhibitions, info sessions and general promotional activity as required.
- Contribute to the recruitment team effort across MENA where required and when there is a periodic need or shortage of staff and helping in multiple channels as required.
- Work in closely with all members of the MENA team to ultimately achieve and improve conversions and turn-around times in all main channels, achieving the main KPI of reaching personal goals and contributing to the overall targets in MENA from all channels.
- Work in close partnership with all SGU’s international Regional Managers to ensure collaborative management of agents and to maximise global recruitment opportunities.
- Collaborate with the marketing team to supply market feedback on collateral development and marketing activities by SGU to further enrollment goals, including in-country recruitment events to build brand awareness and generate interest in target regions.
- Collaborate with SGU “on-shore recruitment” and other SGU international representatives, to meet overarching international enrollment goals;
- Manage the initial student application process, and in close association with the Admissions Officer ensuring a smooth and efficient process at all times, via CRM.
- Support, maintain, investigate new recruitment opportunities in MENA whenever possible and accurate reporting thereof.
- Provide regular reports to line manager and market updates and performance updates against targets.
- Provide market research, feedback and analysis to inform key activities in designated market.
- Build strong relationships with SGU functional areas (admissions, sales, marketing, academic) to ensure the highest levels of customer service, efficiency and problem resolution.
- Ensure local information on Medical Associations, rules and regulations is current and to therefore update SGU functional areas and line Manager.
- Support recruitment needs by visiting and supporting local agents and schools where required.
- Conduct call back calls to existing leads, cold calling of new leads and accurate reporting on CRM.
- Increase portfolio of feeder schools and programs, ensuring lowest possible cost of capture and within ROI measures.
- Work closely in all channels with
Essential Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Student recruitment background or related (example: Admissions).
- Sales experience general.
- Demonstrable sales & commercial skills.
- Knowledge of agent and or International school recruitment, preferably in India.
- Experience of working within an international environment, preferably India.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and experience of dealing directly with a wide variety of people including some of: students, parents, education agents and institutions.
- Ability to make connections and good networking skills.
- Able to work independently and as a team player, with a high level of initiative and professionalism.
- Excellent presentation, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines and thrive under pressure.
- A friendly professional manner and appearance.
- Results-orientated, target-driven.
- Track record of success in recruitment in region with regard to annual student targets.
- 3-5 years working in international education industry and recruitment/
- Minimum 3 years student recruitment in Agent or Schools Channel or both.
- Fluent English
- Degree Educated.
Work Environment/Physical Demands
- This job is performed in a positive, creative and collaborative environment.
- Office location: Home based – Egypt
Hours and Travel
- Some travel will be required across designated territory
- Unsociable and weekend work required at certain peak periods.
Performance Measures (KPIs)
- Annual individual recruitment targets
- Agreed annual goals
- Conversions and application generation.
- Work closely, professionally and in an efficient manner with the MENA recruitment team and colleagues across the university to help achieve overall regional targets and goals
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Temporarily due to COVID-19
- Remote interview process
- Plastic shield at work stations
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place