We are currently looking for Staff Nurses /midwives/midwifery experience, pre/post natal, to provide the highest standard of specialist patient care for Kuwait Hospital patients. They will assess, plan, implement and evaluate care and follow the standard protocols to provide a high-quality service and assist with the development of safe and high-quality patient care. Duties will include but not be limited to:
- Assists the physician during examination, procedures and administering specialized care to patients.
- Conduct physical examinations and medical check-up in order to assess the medical status of the patient.
- Administer medicines in accordance with hospital guidelines, policies and procedures.
- Provides patient centered care based on patient needs, evaluates outcomes and adjust nursing care processes to ensure optimal patient care.
- Provide treatment of minor injuries and illnesses.
- Deal with emergencies whenever required to prevent, mitigate or handle associated adverse Occupational Health and Safety consequences.
- Administer first aid care and emergency medical treatments in case of injuries or ill health on company premises to ensure employees/visitors’ safety.
- Follow-up and control the recovery of injured people and provide necessary guidance to foster the recovery process.
- Maintain a clean and hygienic clinic, check regularly on the medication/medical supplies inventory (inventory level, expiry dates, etc.) and take appropriate actions to ensure prompt and reliable medical services.
- Ensures the medical, administrative, ethical, legal and regulatory compliance for patient records.
- Provide technical assistance to concerned parties to prevent/reduce work injuries and/or to be able to deal with insurance companies and external bodies.
- Prepare incident/accident reports and records of employees’ medical history for compensation purposes and for future medical diagnosis.
- Clean and restore work areas, leaving them in a suitable condition for future use.
- Inspects area daily for compliance with policies, procedures, regulations, and standards.
- Bachelor’s Degree / Diploma in Nursing and Midwifery
- Holding a valid MOH Kuwait License
- Transferrable visa
- 3 to 5 years Hospital experience or the same field
- CPR / BLS Certification
- Knowledge in fundamental nursing procedures such as taking vital signs, medication administration, I.V. therapy, ECG process, blood sugar monitoring and proper wound management.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Good in written and spoken English, Arabic is an advantage
- Proficient in Microsoft office Applications (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)