We are currently looking for Staff Nurses- Maternity and Labour Room to provide care and support for women before, during and after delivery of the baby. They are responsible for making sure that the medical as well as the emotional needs of the patient are adequately met throughout the entire birthing process. Duties will include but not be limited to:
- Assess patients in triage for preterm labor, active labor, rupture of waters, pregnancy complications, or co-existing issues.
- Assist in maintaining pregnancy in antepartum mothers.
- Fetal assessment and monitoring.
- Maternal physical assessment
- Manage patients in labor, including induction assistance, epidural assistance, pain management, education, and delivery support
- Assist and circulate in operating room for cesarean sections, tubal, and emergency obstetric and gynecological procedures
- Medication administration and immunizations
- Patient education related to medications, labor, pushing, delivering, and postpartum care of mother and baby
- Newborn care and assessment for healthy infant
- Inspects area daily for compliance with policies, procedures, regulations, and standards.
- Bachelor’s Degree / Diploma in Nursing and Midwifery
- Holding a valid MOH Kuwait License
- Transferrable visa
- 3 to 5 years Hospital experience or the same field
- CPR / BLS Certification
- Knowledge in fundamental nursing procedures such as taking vital signs, medication administration, I.V. therapy, ECG process, blood sugar monitoring and proper wound management.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Good in written and spoken English, Arabic is an advantage
- Proficient in Microsoft office Applications (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)