Job: Retail Banking
Primary Location: Africa & Middle East-United Arab Emirates-Dubai
Employee Status: Permanent
Posting Date: 04/May/2021, 4:16:56 AM
Unposting Date: 18/May/2021, 5:59:00 PM
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It’s about showing how you embody our valued behaviours – do the right thing, better together and never settle – as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We’re committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture – one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
- Strategies for Revenue generation and business development
- Business objectives and goals
- Drive the Digital Agenda.
Acquisition & Sales Management
- Generate new business to achieve defined targets in terms of no. of customers, volumes and revenue.
- Achieve the Targets set in terms of product mix, active/ passive ratio, liability targets, no. of transactions.
- Induction of all (NTB) new customers brought in by the Branches & Direct Sales team.
- Achieve “best in class” productivity in order to maximize the efficacy of the sales process.
- Achieve the budgeted cross sell targets, consistency and penetration.
- Aggressive Sales call plans to acquire large prospective customers through referrals.
- Ensure coverage of customer base in accordance with the approved contact plans.
- Update & maintain all Sales MIS (Calls, Prospects, Attritions, Business done, etc.)
- Maintain and update customer information on C Manager. Accurate and timely generation of reports.
- Activation of dormant accounts.
- Constantly updated product and process knowledge by successfully attending Tests/ Quizzes/ Certifications.
Customer Relationship Building
- Build and deepen relationships with existing Priority Customers to achieve increase in share of wallet and revenues.
- Effectively meeting customer expectations and handling/ reduction of customer complaints.
- Provide professional customer service to achieve a high percentage of customer satisfaction and retention.
- Manage the portfolio to de-risk against attrition and achieve stability of book.
- Have complete knowledge of the customer base in terms of the profile, demographics & psychographics and assets in the Bank and in other places.
- Serve as the one-point contact to the High Net Worth customers of the Bank
- Ensure compliance of laid down process and procedures.
- Facilitate and Implement work process improvements.
- To ensure compliance with Global Process Standards on Customer Data Confidentiality.
People and Talent
- Lead through example and build the appropriate culture and values. Set appropriate tone and expectations from their team and work in collaboration with risk and control partners.
- Ensure the provision of ongoing training and development of people and ensure that holders of all critical functions are suitably skilled and qualified for their roles ensuring that they have effective supervision in place to mitigate any risks.
- Employ, engage and retain high quality people, with succession planning for critical roles.
- Responsibility to review team structure/capacity plans.
- Set and monitor job descriptions and objectives for direct reports and provide feedback and rewards in line with their performance against those responsibilities and objectives.
- Ensure KYC/AML updates, proper zero error documentation.
- Updating the C – Manager, adhering to the Contact Management Plan.
- Ensure full awareness of all policies and procedures issued in relation to money laundering prevention and KYC.
- Ensure compliance with the above policies on an ongoing basis and reported any suspicious transaction immediately to the supervising officer.
- Ensure full awareness of all policies relating to operational risk, sales processes, anti-misselling, etc and comply with the same.
- Read, understand and comply with all provisions of the Group Code of Conduct.
- To be able to detect any suspicious transactions, Money laundering, forgeries etc
- Highest compliance with reference to Anti Bribery, Anti Money Laundering & Combating Financial Crime Risk procedures.
- Ensure all GPS standards are followed and adhered.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Good knowledge groups policies, standards, local regulations and legislations of the prevention of money laundering and adherence to group code of conduct.
- Obtain Security & Commodity Authority (SCA) license and timely completion of Continuous Program Development (CPD) requirement post SCA licensing. This is a mandatory requirement for the role.
- Product Manager – Priority Banking – for Launch and implementation of product campaigns
- Customer Service Manager – WM – for Product services to the customers
- Unit Heads – Treasury – Implementation of sales strategies
- Branch Managers – Implementation of sales strategies
- Marketing Manager – WM – Coordinate marketing and research activities.
- Country Money Laundering Prevention Officer.
- Existing and Prospective Customers – for Acquisition and retention of business
- Ability to maintain a highly decent professional environment in the Priority Centre.
- Educate Clients on using of other delivery channels.
- University Graduate.
- Relevant experience in sales and relationship management.
- Experience in handling all Banking & Investment Products.
- Demonstrated ability in sales planning.
- Strong communication and negotiation skills with the ability to influence outcomes.
- Networking ability to manage interdepartmental deliverables.
- Strong inter-personal skills and leadership ability, which encourages and promotes enthusiasm and team spirit.
- Good understanding of the business environment in UAE preferably with direct contacts with the local HNI community.
- Computer literacy at the user level.
- Adapting to multi-cultural environment.
- In-depth knowledge of capital markets and financial planning.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages. We welcome conversations on flexible working.