- About the Role
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing Graduate
- Registered Nurse
- Department of Health Authority Dubai Nursing license
- At least 2 years of experience in Dubai, preferably at a school clinic
- Fluent in English
- Ability to multi-task
REPORTS TO: School Doctor.
INTERFACES WITH: Students, Parents, Ministry of Health officials and School Health Services staff.
Job Goal: To support the school and assist in providing optimal learning opportunities by supplying the services needed to identify health related barriers to education and addressing each student’s health needs thereby improving their ability to learn.
- Models and encourages a culture of kindness in support of the GEMS/GWA core values.
- Provides health assessments
- Obtains a health history
- Screens and evaluates findings of deficit in vision, hearing, scoliosis, etc.
- Observes the child for development (growth, height, weight) and health patterns in making nursing assessment
- Identifies abnormal health findings
- Develops and implements a student health plan
- Interprets the health status of students to parents and school personnel
- Initiates referral to parents, school personnel for intervention, remediation and follow through
- Provides ongoing health counselling with students, parents, school personnel or health agencies
- Utilizes existing health resources to provide appropriate care of students
- Files medical forms such as medical consent form, immunization record and documentation of other health condition
- Develops procedures and provides for emergency nursing management for injuries/ illnesses (giving oral ,IV ,IM medication as per Doctor’s order)
- Promotes and assists in the control of communicable diseases
- Provides health education and anticipatory guidance
- Provides direct health education, and health counselling to assist students and families in making decisions on health and lifestyles that affect health
- Ensures health office operation opens for students and personnel on campus during after school hour scheduled functions
- Maintains supply and medical needs for effective operation
- Maintains confidentiality regarding health issues
- Cooperates with Ministry of Health regulations
- About Your Benefits
An excellent remuneration package is on offer for a successful candidate, including competitive tax free salary, medical and life insurance, working permit and residence visa, flight allowance, tuition fee concession and other benefits in line with the UAE Labour Law.
- About GEMS
Trusted for over 55 years and now a third generation education family, GEMS Education began in a single school room in Dubai. Today, we have the privilege of educating over 190,000 students from over 176 countries through GEMS owned and managed schools globally; over 270,000 students access resources through our services division; and we will impact 20 million by 2020 students through the initiatives of our Charity partner Varkey Foundation.
- About the School
The International Baccalaureate (IB) programmes are at the heart of GEMS World Academy and are internationally renowned as rigorous and challenging courses in which students develop rapidly both personally and academically. The IB Programme is widely considered the gold standard of education, and GEMS World Academy is looking for talented and innovative individuals to join our highly successful team of over 130 teachers, 80 teaching assistants and 40 administrative and support staff and to contribute to the already successful outcomes for our community.
GEMS World Academy-Dubai (GWA) is a private, co-educational IB World School for PreK to Grade 12 students. Established in 2008 as a member of GEMS Education, the Academy is authorised to deliver the PYP, MYP, DP and CP programmes, and is also accredited by the Council of International Schools and the New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC). We serve a multi-ethnic community in the heart of Dubai. Our ethos is grounded in the IB Learner Profile; we encourage intellectual curiosity, entrepreneurial spirit, and foster a real sense of communal endeavour. The Academy has gained national and international recognition for its work to improve outcomes for students, as well as its aspirational and inclusive vision. As a member of the GWA community you will have the opportunity to shape the future of the Academy whilst working alongside an exceptionally talented group of teachers and leaders.
For further details about GEMS World Academy, Dubai please visit: https://www.gemsworldacademy-dubai.com
- About Application Process
- If you meet the criteria and you are enthusiastic about the role, we would welcome your application. To complete the application you would need the following document(s):
2. Passport-size photograph
Important Note : GEMS Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all of its students. Applicants will be required to submit a current police criminal clearance check or equivalent from their home country or current country of residence prior to appointment.