About the Role
You be an expert in assessing store capacity and optimal replenishment solution for the stores in the market. You are responsible to balance commercial and supply needs and opportunities with store capacity and support the optimal use of available store capacity, resulting in the highest level of customer perceived availability at the lowest possible costs and support long term profitability. You to link the retail market with global supply logistics strategies to secure end to end approach I the execution of the logistics processes.
Key Specific Accountabilities
- Maintain information and tools regarding the available and planned retail capacities (short, mid and long term)
- Create minimum five years capacity plan for the country /market and secure regular review of capacity: selling and storage units.
- Identify gaps between existing and needed capacities and provide Country Management team with suggested solutions to manage imbalances
- Provide Retail Country Management with store capacity analysis Range Dimensioning Strategy, Store Range Classification, Pricing information, Establishment plans/Market Penetration Plan/Multichannel Distribution Network
- Provide planned size / capacity of new stores input to expansion team based on the Sales to Range to Space/Sales to Range to Volume relation
- Support expansion team with timely and efficient replenishment for new or rebuilding stores in co-operation with supply chain partners
- Monitor capacity situation and planned development (flow shares)
- Providing RST with information on the retail capacities as input to the development of new logistics offers.(DORS)
- Use store capacity information to define which logistics offers can be implemented in which stores and finalize replenishment set-up with Supply partners (lead times, start date) Optimize supply solutions according to expected sold volumes.
- Use information on capacity development on store level, sales forecast development and/or performance feedback from the RSI Team as input to the reviews of the solutions .Find alternative suppliers for the restricted suppliers to secure stability in availability.
- Secure alternative supply in case of any constrains in existing distribution set up
- Analyze purchase cost vs distribution set up to secure availability at the lowest possible costs (secure margin)
- Analyze the end to end Lead time performance and take corrective actions.
- Maintain availability during supply chain constraints time (MSI)
- Analyze purchase cost with GPS cost to minimize cost deviations and secure agreed margin
You have a passion for logistics and working in a fast-paced and constantly changing retail environment. You are enthusiastic about working with others in a team. You enjoy taking personal initiative and exceeding goals. You have good communication skills and build working relationships.
What’s more, we believe that you have the following knowledge, capabilities motivation:
- Live and share the IKEA values every day
- 3-5 years experience of working in Retail and/or logistic role, including previous experience of leading others
- Ability to show potential to apply tactical and operational thinking
- Ability to meet agreed budget and goals
- Ability to reflect and find value and ideas in collaboration with others
- Excellent skills in retail and/or logistics processes, tools and working methods.
- Deep knowledge about existing capacity solutions and their impact on the logistic operations
- Good understanding and activity use all IKEA manuals particularly In Store Logistic and RSI the IKEA way manuals
- Good understanding of the business plan process in the country
- Analytical skills with the ability to identify required business actions
- Good understanding and actively use all IKEA manuals, particularly In-store Logistics and Retail Supply Integration the IKEA way manuals.
- Good skills in supporting an efficient and cost-effective commercial performance.
- Good numerical skills.
- Good understanding of the business plan process in the country.