The Patient Care Partner under the supervision of clinical nursing staff assists in the maintenance of a safe and clean hospital environment; assists with making beds and turnover of rooms between patients and assisting with stock maintenance at unit level. They also assist the clinical staff where required with daily activities under direct supervision.
Key role accountabilities
- Maintains a clean, neat, pleasant, safe, patient environment, including unit specific patient rooms / Operating Rooms and procedure spaces in line with infection control standards.
- Cleans and assists in the set-up of Operating and Procedure Rooms between cases
- Assists in the restocking of consumables, stores and laundry as required by the assigned unit and / or instructed by the nursing team, in collaboration with materials management staff.
- Prepares necessary supplies specified by the clinical nurse for individualized patient care needs
- Transports supplies, equipment and specimens as specified by the clinical nurse and in compliance with relevant organizational and laboratory policies
- Assists in the mobilization of patients under the direct supervision of the clinical nurse.
- Escorts patients within the hospital as instructed and under the direct supervision of clinical nursing staff
- Responds to patient call lights at the first opportunity and observes and reports changes in patient’s condition to the assigned clinical nurse
- Assists the clinical nursing team, under direct supervision, to provide basic activities of daily living care for women and children.
- Always understands and maintains confidentiality of patient information and treats patients and their families with respect and dignity.
- Takes responsibility for conflicts in personal and work schedules by making alternative arrangements in collaboration with the nursing team.
- Develops and sustains own knowledge, clinical skills and professional awareness and maintains a professional profile.
- Provides documented evidence of performance and maintenance of skills consistent with position.
- High school diploma
- Relevant experience
- No license is required
Job specific skills
- Demonstrated ability to self-roster using the computerized
- Time and Attendance and Staff Scheduling system.
- Manual Handing proficiency. Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.