- Responsible and accountable for overall performance of the unit. Prepares and submit monthly reports to Director of Nursing/ADON.
- Provides leadership, staff development, mentoring, resource management and team leadership in the daily nursing operations.
- Roster running staff, ensuring the hospital policies related to rostering, leave requests/ approval are adhered to, at all times considering ward / unit’s service requirements.
- Ensures nursing clinical quality standards and practices are complied, maintained and evaluated when necessary.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Provides clinical and administrative support to all units / departments in the hospital after Office hours.
- Maintains an open line of communication for all direct reports and within the
- Multidisciplinary team.
- Conducts regular ward meetings with nursing staff.
- Participates in nursing policy formulation and decision making.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, negotiation and counselling skills.
- Demonstrates excellence in leadership ability.
- Evaluates the equality and appropriateness of nursing care, including documentation and makes appropriate changes in delivery of nursing care and over all organization of the unit.
- Has excellent communication skills
- Conducts daily (or more frequent) ward rounds to ensure customer satisfaction, resolve service / quality issues with follow through.
- Provides performance reports monthly for ward/unit assigned to Director of Nursing
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing from an Accredited School of Nursing/University.
- Masters /Bachelor’s Degree in Management Studies or equivalent preferred.
Licenses, Registrations & Certifications Requirements
- Current DOH License
- Current Home Country License
- Current BLS Certificate
- ACLS Certificate preferred
Professional Experience Required (Relevant to the Job)
- At least 10 years clinical experience post qualification.
- Not less than 6 years of experience in managing an In-patients nursing unit.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: AED1.00 per month
- Managing an in-patient unit: 5 years (Required)
- Arabic (Required)
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Plastic shield at work stations
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place