Leads and demonstrates the provision of safe patient and family focused quality care. Responsible for twenty-four (24) hour management of assigned nursing unit. Assesses, plans, directs, implements, and evaluates patient care to comply with established standards in accordance with Elegancia Nursing Scope and Standards of Practice and Joint Commission International Accreditation (JCIA).
Main tasks and responsibilities (the position exist to perform the below tasks and essential activities)
- Strives for excellence on unit and promotes team working and interdisciplinary relationships.
- Ensures that nursing and support teams work flexibly and supportively together and that the objectives for the OR are delivered.
- Evaluates patient acuity, develops, and reviews criteria for work assignment and delivery care model.
- Ensures that there is planned and effective day-to-day skill mix and staff management. Determines and reviews staffing plans and develops a scheduling system for unit and reviews regularly as staffing, skills mix, and acuity change.
- Act as an expert resource for others requiring knowledge, experience, advice, and support within the multi-professional team
- Performs or monitors personnel management functions, which includes interviewing and selecting candidates, directing the performance management program, and managing corrective action issues.
- Demonstrates growth and development in clinical and management skills through an ongoing process of education consultation and pertinent literature.
- Ensure policy, procedure and practice are in place and consistent with hospital strategic direction/goals, medical practice, service delivery and regulatory standards.
- Demonstrate research-based nursing practice in caring for patients in related specialties.
- Provide holistic nursing care to patients and their families.
- Ensure effective channels of communication exist between the staff, the patients, and their relatives (and/or significant others) in order that they are fully always informed.
- Act as a change agent, supporting staff in the implementation of new practice.
- Supports risk management activities.
- Contribute to the preparation of timely and accurate reports to meet departmental requirements, policies, and standards.
- Contribute to the identification of opportunities for the continuous improvement of systems, processes, and practices to increase productivity and operational efficiency and adhere to all relevant department’s policies, processes, procedures, and instructions so that work is carried out in a controlled and consistent manner.
- Contribute with ideas that support an efficient and effective structure and resource allocation for the department, to ensure smooth workflow of operational processes and optimal utilization of resources.
- Contribute to the development and execution of the department’s short to mid-term plans to ensure alignment with the Elegancia Healthcare’s strategic priorities and contribute to the development of annual business plans for the assigned areas of responsibility to support the achievement of financial objectives.
- Monitor, control, and report key performance indicators related to the department, to track performance and recommend corrective actions.
- Manage the performance management, career progression and activities of direct reports by setting annual objectives, identifying training opportunities, mentoring, coaching, and providing constructive feedback to improve their performance.
- Follow all relevant organizational HSE and QM policies, processes, procedures, and instructions to ensure Health, Safety and Quality compliance in all aspects of work and ensure commitment to a culture of continuous improvement by complying with Quality Management System processes, providing, and receiving constructive feedback, to meet quality standards and stakeholder expectations.
- Graduate degree in Nursing or related Field (Essential) | Postgraduate Degree in Nursing or related field
- Minimum 8 years of experience in Nursing(required)
- 4 Years Managerial Experience on Nursing Operating Room
- Minimum 2 years in GCC (preferred)
Knowledge and Skills
- Previous Commissioning of an OR Department highly desirable
- Previous Licensing experience of OR the GCC desirable
- Comprehensive knowledge of Accreditation Process in an acute Healthcare Facility with particular emphasis on JCI
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of all medical, financial, and legal information
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Ability to handle difficult situations involving patients, physicians, or others in a professional manner