- Provide general practice services to patients, through current best-evidence based standards, using best judgement at all times, in accordance with the clinic medical staff by- laws and rules and regulations and with instructions from the Medical director.
- Participate equitably in the on-call roster.
- Demonstrate commitment to continuing medical education.
- Participate in review and planning activities relevant to the development of the general practice services in the clinic.
- Fulfil professional requirements for continuing maintenance of competence in all aspects of general practice.
- Carry out other assigned duties within the appropriate scope of knowledge, skills and abilities of a physician and ensure proper record keeping.
- Provide skilled health assessment, diagnosis and treatment services to patients
- Ordering diagnostic tests as needed, checking and informing patients of results in a timely manner.
- Conduct routine check-ups to patients to assess their health condition and discover possible issues
- Give appropriate advice for healthy habits (diet, hygiene etc.) and preventative actions to promote overall health
- Conduct examinations to ill patients and evaluate symptoms to determine their condition
- Ask intuitive questions to discover causes of illness
- Reach an informed diagnosis based on the patient’s medical history, examination and tests results.
- Prescribe and interpret lab tests to obtain more information for underlying pathologies.
- Prescribe medications or drugs and provide comprehensive instructions for administration.
- Referring patients appropriately to other specialist doctors if needed.
- Consulting and collaborating with colleagues to provide optimal care.
- Documenting all care provided and education/information given to patients within their health record, as per professional and company standards.
- Develop skills and knowledge within the different specialities areas across the clinic.
- Encourage health promotion and patient education.
- Comply with infection prevention control policies and procedures at all times.
- Be aware of safe guarding policies, both local and national, and implement such policies should it become necessary.
- Assess clinical conditions, prioritise health problems, including initiation of effective emergency care.
- Provide emergency care to patients as necessary and attend annual resuscitation training.
Minimum Qualifications and Knowledge:
- MBBS or MBChB or equivalent qualification from an accredited institution.
- Successful completion of internship program and 3 years clinical experience.
- Experience in emergency medicine is highly desired.
- Ability to communicate effectively with patients, families, doctors, nurses, and other clinical staff.
- Appropriate exposure, experience and competence in all aspects of general practice.
- Certification in Basic and Advanced Life Support.
- Fluency in English (speak, read and write).
- Arabic speaking skills will be an added advantage.
- Excellent Computer Literacy skills is required.