Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Finance Controller – Group Payments & Services – 210000AP
Closing date: Jun 06, 2021
Specific to Customer Support and Stakeholder Management
– Manage development of payment methods for Emirates Groups e-commerce and direct sales initiatives, including implementation of procedures for the Corporate Payment Gateway (CPG) to accept, process and reconcile payments in alternative forms of payment and according to specific country requirements.
– Escalate functional issues and conflicts of relevant business department that may arise from the business requirement of enhancing various CPG storefronts, and make recommendations for potential solutions.
– Implement systems and procedures of CPG, which addresses the online payment handling and back- office function needs of all of the Groups e-commerce and direct sales initiatives (such as accepting, processing and reconciling payments in alternate forms of payments, according to specific countries).
– Ensure that e-Commerce business of Emirates Group is supported with relevant payment methods and provide recommendations to senior management for value added changes.
– Analyse business requirements and system enhancements of various Corporate Payment Gateway (CPG) storefronts, to ensure the end result is as per the business requirements. Work closely with internal stakeholders, acquirers and other service providers to reduce fraud, increase acceptance and reduce friction in online card and alternate payment methods.
– Monitor fraud trends and incorporate appropriate fraud rules to maintain balance between fraud, cost and acceptance.
– Monitor sales, revenue, merchant service fee, acceptance, fraud, chargeback and rejection on a regular basis. Build and share management information to drive improvements in these areas.
– Perform settlement reconciliation in line with settlement cycle. Escalate anomalies and recommend improvements to contracts, rates and SLAs based on review and reconciliation.
– Lead and coach the officers, supervisors and GP&S staff to maintain a high performance culture and work with the management team to ensure department KPIs are met and manage and deliver projects as and when required to ensure that the department stays current. Analyse credit card information to forecast sales and cost data. Develop and share reports on cost, acceptance, chargeback etc. and maintain the acquirer landscape with sales and cost information
Qualifications & Experience
8+ years in Finance & Insurance and/or Revenue Accounting
Degree or Honours (12+3 or equivalent)
– Relevant experience with an appropriate level of business exposure and managerial experience so as to be able to balance both commercial and finance requirements.
– Advanced knowledge of credit card and payment acceptance industry and associated processes.
– Knowledge of credit card acceptance related activities, processes and procedures, and awareness of Commercial and operational areas of the business
Leadership Role: YES
Safety Sensitive Role: No
Salary & Benefits
Join us in Dubai and enjoy an attractive tax-free salary and travel benefits that are exclusive to our industry, including discounts on flights and hotels stays around the world. You can find out more information about our employee benefits in the Working Here section of our website www.emirates.com/careers. Further information on what’s it like to live and work in our cosmopolitan home city, can be found in the Dubai Lifestyle section.