The Diabetes Educator is responsible for the delivery of health and education, and care coaching to Members of THB Connected Care programs. This will include educational sessions, teleconsultations, health screenings, undergoing training, researching current trends and prevalence of diabetes, reviewing, identifying and addressing service gaps with respect to diabetes intervention, and development of educational materials and facilitating access to secondary and tertiary care where necessary. The diabetes educator will perform under the direction of the Diabetes Program Manager
Responsibilities may include:
- Work within a team including but not limited to Chronic Care Managers, Nutritionist and GP.
- Prepare and submit monthly written and oral reports of service activities and other reports requested by contract or administration and meeting deadlines.
- Create, conduct and report on clinical trials and patient consultation
- Establish working relationships with vendors, and channel partnerships, including but not limited to, insurance companies, physician networks, healthcare organizations and more.
- Provide nutrition and diabetes related counselling to clients and patients.
- Create content for patient education and health tips for patients.
- Research and Provides extensive information on diabetes prevention, care, and management to patients, staff, and community groups as requested.
- Provide leadership in patient education programs through the initiation of ideas, joint planning, problem solving, and evaluation of programs.
- Advocate for the use of remote monitoring devices and other technology for the chronic disease management programs.
- Represent THB professionally and positively to enhance and promote the core values and mission of the company.
- Attend regularly scheduled meetings (i.e. morning huddles, weekly updates, etc.).
- Implements clinical interventions and protocols based on risk stratification and evidence-based clinical guidelines.
- Compliant use of computer access (need to know only) to facilitate patient care.
- Create, maintain, implement and improve a comprehensive, proprietary patient care plan.
- Coordinate transitional care from an inpatient service to other settings as per care plan.
- Program activities will include:
- Assess current health status
- Medication reconciliation & compliance assessment
- Appointment reminders
- Appropriate patient education regarding care & condition management at home
- Review orders, labs, consults, and associated documentation
- Encourage preventative health services
- Thorough documentation in care plan reflecting updated information, test results, social.
- Manage the flow of information to/from providers office.
- Facilitate three-way call when necessary.
- Helping patients understand their condition and treatment options, providing education and literature about their diagnosis
- Reviewing treatment goals with patients
- Other duties, as needed
Work with inter-country teams in the UK, GCC and South Asia.
Required Education and Experience
- Licensed medical professional with minimum 3 year experience in telehealth, home care, or clinical setting
- Diabetes Educator and Certifications
- Proficient knowledge of diabetes and diabetes education concepts, theories, and best practices.
- Knowledge of program planning concepts and practices.
- Exercise the utmost discretion, diplomacy, and tact in customer interactions.
- Knowledge and ability to operate computers and Microsoft Office package (database, word processing and spreadsheet software)
- Ability to work within a team setting and manage/lead the chronic care team.
- Ability to work with confidential material without betraying the trust of patients, their families, and the agency – HIPAA and/or GDPR Compliance.
- Knowledge of Patient Management systems/software and ability to learn and navigate patient management and monitoring software.
- Demonstrated communication/listening skills.
Further Details on the Role:
- This is a contract position with a probation period of 6 months
- Working hours from the office (Where applicable), will be weekdays 9am-6pm.
- On-call support will be required out of office hours based on a rotational schedule.
- Equipment will be provided to candidate