Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Credit Card Control Officer – Business Intelligence – 210000AG
Closing date: Jun 06, 2021
Manage and control administration for the Corporate Payment Gateway and Payment Gateway Service providers’ sites by assisting end-user community in using and utilising the systems efficiently by providing online support to system usage. Ensure, through participation in the systems development life cycle, preparing test packs, planning and conducting comprehensive system testing error free implementation of new functionality within the Corporate Payment Gateway. Support and coordinate credit card fraud and related financial loss prevention efforts for the Group’s commerce activities.
Specific to BI and Decision Support
– Source credit card data from Acquirer portals, IATA reports, Revenue accounting system, card schemes and booking systems to develop model for sales and merchant service fee review. Provide data analysis support to the management for contract negotiation and renewal.
– Regularly track scheme rules and evaluate the impact of new rules on EK sales and cost. Work closely with various internal departments like Treasury, MA, EOL, Call centre for budgeting, forecasting and card cost analysis.
– Support the Team leader and GP&S Management in conducting research on new payment methods and emerging trends in payments industry.
– Collate, analyse and comment on credit card related statistics (volumes, values, charges) in order to assist negotiations with the credit card schemes/ acquirers and payment gateway service providers.
– Maintain and update the database of all information related to fraudulent credit card payment attempts made over the Groups internet sites so as to prevent attempts in future and provide MIS to the senior management.
– Continuously evaluate the risk checks and controls to ascertain their effectiveness in effectively containing and reducing the incidence of frauds but at the same time not impeding genuine transactions.
– Analyse fraud patterns to suggest implementation of new and improved risk mitigation techniques on Corporate Payment Gateway and Payment Gateway Service Providers sites.
– Manage and control administration of the Groups Corporate Payment Gateway and Payment Gateway Service Providers sites including the setups and access levels for the various lines of business.
– Control and authenticate the testing of enhancements, patches and new releases for the Corporate Payment Gateway. Ensure end-user communities are informed in advance of changes and new functionality introduced to allow for end-user education and familiarisation prior to its release.
– Act as a focal point in coordinating with Group Security, e-Commerce and MARS BSG for blocking credit card numbers and email addresses of fraudulent attempts made on the Groups internet sites and suspension of open e-tickets bought over the internet using fraudulent credit cards to ensure that they are not utilised and thereby preventing financial loss to the Company.
Qualifications & Experience
Finance & Insurance and/or Banking : 3+ Years
Degree or Honours (12+3 or equivalent) :
Knowledge/skills: Adequate knowledge of Credit Card acceptance related activities, processes and procedures, and, awareness of commercial and operational areas of the business General understanding of the Revenue Accounting system – RAPID, and the reservations system – MARS is an advantage. A thorough knowledge and understanding of computer applications i.e. MS Office packages and BO.
Safety Sensitive Role: No
Salary & Benefits
Join us in Dubai and enjoy an attractive tax-free salary and travel benefits that are exclusive to our industry, including discounts on flights and hotels stays around the world. You can find out more information about our employee benefits in the Working Here section of our website www.emirates.com/careers. Further information on what’s it like to live and work in our cosmopolitan home city, can be found in the Dubai Lifestyle section.