- Provides educational leadership to patients and care providers to enhance specialized patient care within established healthcare setting.
- Educates technical and patient care staff in the use of new equipment, supplies, and instruments; coordinates in-service training and workshops for appropriate staff.
- Develops patient care plans, incorporating evidenced-based research and national standards; consults with and serves as a resource to ensure quality patient care.
- Initiates skills development programs within the parameters of established care models; monitors trends and implements educational strategies to ensure compliance with quality standards and parameters.
- Collaborates with medical providers, patient care staff, and unit management in the planning, implementation, and delivery of educational curricula.
- Knowledge and expertise
- Interpersonal skills