We are pleased to offer an excellent career opportunity for Clinical Molecular Geneticists. We invite talented and ambitious individuals to join our team of highly experienced and knowledgeable scientists. We offer outstanding compensation and many opportunities for advancement.
The candidate must have a Ph.D. or equivalent degree, an ABMG active candidate status or certification as a Clinical Geneticist and/or Clinical Biochemical Geneticist, and be active in the maintenance of certification.
Your duties will include:
1. Evaluating genomic profiles of tumor specimens (NGS based)
2. Develop and manage a large portfolio of clinical tests
3. Interpret and report test results for all the disorders and genes within the portfolio
4. Responsible for detecting, analyzing, and interpreting disease-linked genetic abnormalities within patients via molecular biological and biochemical screening.
5. Communicate effectively with clinicians, colleagues, and laboratory staff
6. Writing supplements to the standard reports for clinicians, and advising them on investigation strategies, as needed.
7. Interpreting the results of routine and esoteric molecular tests carried out by molecular technologists.
8. Oversees CLIA/CAP/ASCO-level validation of new molecular assays.
9. Maintaining and interpreting quality control and quality assurance data.
10. Responsible for the design and execution of laboratory studies through collaborators and contracted partners, required to validate and launch novel assays with a focus on somatic genetic variation.
11. You will create, organize and monitor the studies through completion, review, and manage data analysis including summarizing all findings through presentation and scientific journal publication; all with an eye towards building commercial opportunity.
12. Liaising with colleagues and other healthcare professionals
13. Writing reports that outline test results for use by GPs, pediatricians, and consultants
Ph.D. in biochemistry, biomedical science, genetics, molecular biology, or equivalent life science discipline; preference for AMBG certification or Active Candidate Status in Clinical Molecular Genetics.
MA, MS, Ph.D., or equivalent work experience in human genetics, statistical genetics, genetic epidemiology, biology, or related field.
Experience in laboratory operations and management is preferred, but not necessary.
Demonstrated technical skill and experience in the design and optimization of cellular and/or molecular assays, NGS applications, and associated sample preparation technologies
Experience in population-based genetic studies including interpretation of genome wide and phenome wide association studies.
Strong verbal and written communication skills to communicate complex concepts in the genomics and genetics area to influence diverse audiences.
Demonstrated experience in developing and commercializing genetic assays under CLIA/CAP requirements
Familiarity with and basic understanding of genetic data analysis pipelines/workflows
Familiarity with and basic understanding of FDA, EU, and other global regulations and processes as applicable to the development of new diagnostic products
Proficient in troubleshooting experimental results
Demonstrated aptitude towards effective management of projects and people
Ability to independently solve a wide range of the complex problem