Purpose of Role
To provide client support, account management and technical support to all TMR clients and to be responsible for the installation and repair of tracking equipment installed into client asset. Ensures each customer receives the highest level of support in line with Restrata policies.
This role will include visiting client sites and the technician must operate with minimal supervision and be technically proficient in order to maintain & install a variety of telemetry equipment. The technician must ensure work is performed to the highest standard and all scheduled appointments are met.
The position requires excellent customer service skills and professionalism at all times. Outdoor work will also be required in all weather conditions.
This role requires that the person be technically proficient across all technology platforms and equipment that Restrata uses. The person will be a self-starter and able to manage their own workload across client support, account management and technical support requirements.
Key tasks and responsibilities
- Ensure high quality installations to new and existing customers in a variety of assets.
- Coordinating and scheduling asset availability with existing clients.
- Ability to coordinate with vehicle manufacturers to obtain vehicle-specific CAN data.
- Installation of equipment into vehicles, based on industry standards.
- Provide exceptional levels of preventative & conditional maintenance, trouble shooting and support for existing customers in a punctual and efficient manner – both remotely and on site.
- Provide courteous, well presented and informed customer care, whenever possible, meeting all customer requirements and queries and solving all customer problems on-site or remotely.
- Monitor and verify that all paperwork is complete, accurate and provided on a timely basis.
- Accountable for assigned field inventory, maintenance and upkeep of company provided laptop and tools.
- Maintain confidentiality regarding all Restrata company information and that of Restrata clients.
- Any other tasks as directed by line manager or Restrata senior management.
- Assisting in Stock Management / Control
- Scanning & Recording Device Information
- Re packaging IVMS Devices after provisioning
- Labeling ESN / Serial Recording
- Technical Dispatching Requirements
- Work independently with minimal supervision.
- Understands tracking systems and our preferred implementations.
- Installation of advanced In Vehicle Monitoring Systems for vehicles.
- Evaluate situations and resolve problems logically and efficiently.
- Prioritize tasks to complete job functions in an orderly, efficient manner.
- Communicate competently orally and in writing with all levels of contacts within and outside the department including clients.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Adapt quickly to changing priorities.
- Follow detailed oral and written instructions.
- Explain/demonstrate technical processes in a logical, easily understood manner.
- A good knowledge in the use of a variety of communication systems (to include IT, GSM, GPS and Satellite Networks).
- Excellent administrative skills and attention to detail.
- Able to brief / report to senior managers on communications and tracking issues.
- Ability to think on feet, demonstrate initiative and act responsibly, often whilst working unsupervised in a high-pressure hostile environments.
- Able to quickly learn new systems and software.
- Able to work under stress and emergency situations.
- May be required to work holidays and weekends.
- Minimum NVQ 2 or 3 Electrical Installation Accreditation and/or certification in vehicle electrical systems.
- Experience with Vehicle CAN Networks and installations.
- Should have valid UAE Drivers license and vehicle for in-country travel. Travel costs (including fuel, etc.) will be compensated.
- Requires a minimum of five (5) years of experience in the installation, maintenance and repair of electronic equipment in vehicles.
- Previous IVMS Experience & Knowledge.
- Excellent written and spoken English.
- Good working knowledge of MS office applications.
- Assist in the production reports.
- Pragmatic, enthusiastic and highly motivated.
- Languages: Fluent in English with Arabic, preferable but not essential.