The purpose of this role is to pro-actively manage Professional Print business, considering CCNA’s geographical expansion and due to the growing market, business requirement and opportunities. the candidate will lead the development and growth of the PP business across the CCNA (Canon Central & North Africa) markets by fulfilling the role of product champion for all business development, marketing and sales activities in cooperation with DRBG, Sales Team, Marcoms & Partners.
What we give
With Canon, you’ll get the support and encouragement you need to grow, from people who share your ambition. We’ll invest in your professional development to help you learn and progress in your role with us. You’ll find leaders who give you the freedom to explore new things and a team where knowledge is shared openly.
The Candidate will be responsible for promoting Canon Products & Solutions awareness and profile across the regions via events, PR, Marcoms activities, internal promotion, and partner collaboration. He / She will also be responsible for designing action plans for country support and regional marketing / sales activity to stimulate market awareness and sales achievement.
The candidate will also be responsible for:
- Market Analysis and Strategy
Together with sales managers, local partners and external market research companies (when appropriate), analyze market situations per country on issues such as Market Size, Competition Activities, Market Pricing and general market developments and dynamics
Use this analysis as the basis for discussions with sales managers, to formulate local sales strategies and design clear business plans.
Draw up action plans for country support and regional marketing/sales activity, in line with budget guidelines agreed with Marketing Manager, to stimulate awareness and sales achievement.
Monitor Canon MaSh (Market Share in the individual Countries and prepare Market Intelligence & Competitor Analysis on a periodic basis
- Pricing / Product positioning
Decide product pricing and positioning based on competitive landscape.
Conduct support negotiation with DRBG to achieve required pricing
Support the Sales team for Tender pricing, Key accounts & Special deals. Also, responsible for Tender Pipeline management in co-ordination with Area sales.
- Product Launch & Promotion
Co-ordinate the planning and schedule of new product launches together with internal staff in order to support the timely and successful launch of new products into African markets.
Manage the Product Life Cycle for the products from Launch to End of Life through required strategy, promotions & schemes
Drive Strategic Product / Targets in line with the management direction
- Product Training & Development
Attend to training courses on nominated products and create/carry out the local training courses for internal teams & Canon distributors at suitable location in Africa.
Evaluate knowledge levels of trainee, maintain and update training records.
- Sales & Marketing Budget preparation & Implementation
Fix the Sales budget with Area Sales, discuss and agree annual targets and termly sales plans, together with the requisite marketing plan/budget (products/pricing/promotion etc).
Discuss and advise Sales Team about proper product strategy in order to realize stronger business structures and market coverage.
Monitor and review monthly sales performance for assigned product group to ensure smooth sales movements in line with the agreed sales plan, and take appropriate remedial action
- GP (Gross Profit) Management
Monitor and control of GP through tracking of special promotion pricing and tender deals at the point of:
1) agreeing special pricing with the sales group
2) follow up at actual delivery period for tracking of incoming (from Europe) and outgoing (to customer) support.
- Marketing / Business Development Activities
Plan, manage and co-ordinate the execution of various market development activities within company guidelines and to meet the agreed quality standards, time planning and budgets.
- Co-ordination with DRBG
Ensure smooth & continuous communication with DRBG for all activities related to Budget preparation, Support discussions, Product launches, Monthly performance management, other reports & submissions in line with requirements.
What we ask
We need people who can achieve the exceptional by working collaboratively, who have the courage to risk new ways of doing things and the ability to see the world the way their customers see it. We’re looking for creative problem-solvers like you, someone who can ensure Canon stays ahead in an ever-changing world.
- Excellent analytical skills and a logical mind.
- Motivation and aptitude to continue learning as new technology is introduced
- Able to communicate, at times involving complex technical information, to technicians, service and marketing personnel in all Canon Locations, and distributors.
Previous Experience/ Education
- High level of relevant knowledge and experience coupled with the ability to relate technical information to non- technical people at all levels.
- Previous experience of formal classroom training desirable, but proven coaching techniques may be an acceptable alternative (formal training to be learned).
- High level of written and spoken communications required
- Professional appearance, attitude and communication style.
- Familiarity with MS Office Applications, i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
You will need
- Drive for Results
- Focus on the Customer
- Apply Business Acumen
- Communicate Effectively
- Plan & Organize Effectively.
- Overseas travel and periods away from home.
- Able to work on own initiative and meets targets whilst under pressure.
- Flexibility to respond to travel needs at short notice.
Canon is enriching lives and businesses in incredible new ways. You can play a part in shaping the future of a company that’s strong, ambitious and considerate, where people do great things together. You can expect the exceptional and achieve the exceptional, with the world’s best imaging company.
Expect the Exceptional.