Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs his/her duties and tasks as per Hospital Policy and Agreement on Professional Code of Conduct.
- Actively participates in all quality and performance improvement activities within the department/service and within the hospital as per Quality Improvement and Patient Safety Plan.
- Actively participates in all the education requirement and activities as per the Hospital Education Program.
- Performs other applicable tasks and duties assigned within the scope of practice and employment contract.
- Performs on-call pharmacy services after pharmacy hours as a part of the job duty without compensation time or overtime.
- Active contribution to KFMMC’s cost-effectiveness, quality assurance and implemented protocols and programs.
- Demonstrates leadership in hospital pharmacy practice regarding pharmacy research, presentation, education, and publication.
- Conducts, assists and contributes actively in the education, in-service training, and developments programs of all pharmacy staff and pharmacy trainees.
- Prepares a monthly report about the assigned tasks and duties.
- Monitors physicians’ orders and medication administration records for proper dispensing of pharmaceuticals, identification and correction of potential allergic reactions, drug interactions, and incompatibilities.
- Checks and dispenses:
- Intravenous admixtures
- Unit Dose medications
- Floor stock requests
- Extemporaneous preparations
- Out-patient prescriptions
- Ensures that all pharmacies and their storage areas are properly stocked, equipped, and maintained.
- Provides pharmaceutical information about the drugs to medical personnel when
- Assumes department coordination duties in the absence of the immediate supervisor.
- Performs monthly inspection of medication storage areas throughout the hospital.
- Performs other applicable tasks and duties assigned within the realm of his/her knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Exceptional profession interpersonal communication skills
- Fluency in written and spoken Arabic and English
- Demonstrates judgment, initiative and discretion
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Exceptional written and verbal presentation skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to create reports which meet various levels of understanding and interpretation
الحصول على شهادة الإختصاص السعودية أو الأمريكية في تخصص الصيدلة الإكلينيكية – تصنيف مهني من الهيئة السعودية للتخصصات الصحية (صيدلي أول)